Sunday 17 November 2013

Muslin bags, boxes and tags

 

No more Christmas cards but maybe just a few other things. I have been dying to make up these little boxes. I decorated it with some DSP, filled it with some shortbread biscuits and popped on the acetate cover and finished it off with some of the lovely Christmas ribbon and a tag. I am so going to use these for handmade Christmas gifts. They are great value at $11.95 for eight boxes.

 

 

Aren't these just delightful? I was unsure how well these would turn out as I couldn't find many examples on the web that I liked. I got the idea of using the stencils from the Build a Banner Simply Created kit in the Holiday catalogue from a video done by Linda Higgins. Using the dot stencil with a sponge dauber allows you to press the ink on with greater pressure. I love the Cherry Cobbler and old Olive dots on these bags.

 

These were done with the stripes stencils, Mosaic Madness stamps and Betsy's Blossoms set

 

What fun these are and they make great little bags to give small presents in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment