Saturday 9 November 2013

Joyful Christmas



I have been looking forward to using the Joyful Christmas stamp set.. I wasn't too fussed when I saw it in the Holiday catalogue at first until I saw how people were using it.
I just love Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla together. I embossed the pointsettia from this set in white on vellum cardstock, cut it out and coloured the back of the image with a Cherry Cobbler marker. I attached this to some Crumb Cake card embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder. I added the sentiment which I had printed from the MDS program and finished it off with some Cherry Cobbler seam binding.




In this card I stamped the image onto Very Vanilla with Cherry Cobbler. I stamped another image on some scrap card and cut it out to use as a mask. (I find it is better to cut slightly inside of the line when making a mask as this prevents a gap which you get otherwise when stamping over a mask.)
I then stamped the leaf several times over the mask to make the leaves appear behind the flower.




A single stamp but such an elegant look. I punched a small hole to thread the ribbon through. The sentiment is embossed in gold.




The sentiment from this stamp set seems to stamp perfectly straight each time with very little trying. Not sure why.




The embossed vellum flower this time is set against Cherry Cobbler card embossed with Stylish Stripes embossing folder, matted with Early Expresso and mounted on Crumb cake.




This one is totally cased from Linda Higgins at http://lhiggins.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/dreaming-of-white-christmas.html
I just love the white on white effect. I embossed the sentiment with Pewter embossing powder and used Smokey Slate for the leaves. The flower was embossed twice and the second flower was cut so the middle portion could be attached over the first one to make it more dimensional




Another case, this time from Starzimom28 at Splitcoast stampers. Love the Smokey Slate with Whisper White. Frosted finishes embellishments really completes this elegant design. This time the pointsettia is embossed in pewter.




Again this time I used white to emboss the flower and set it against some Winter Frost DSP. I used the Naturals White cardstock for the base.




Another variation using the WinterFrost Paper stack.




Gold embossing this time on Crumb Cake card.




Finally I embossed this one using white embossing powder and then Heated it Using a blender pen and an ink pad (giving the pad a squeeze before opening it and using the little pool of ink in the lid) I coloured in the petals. I left it darker where I first started each leaf and this gave a more natural variation on the colour.
I have decided this stamp may possibly win my vote for favourite christmas stamp this year!

Hope you are having fun making your christmas cards too

No comments:

Post a Comment