Wednesday 27 November 2013

Baptism card

 

I find baby baptism cards difficult to make. As a Christian I believe baptism is special and not just a naming ceremony as the vows the parents make affirm their promise to bring the child up as part of God's family.

I like to make the card for the child rather than the parents as what we are really doing with infant baptism is making a sign that we welcome the child into the family of God. Whether the child decides later to take this up or not is obviously up to them.

This card is for Alexander who is the precious baby of one of the young couples at our church. His Dad John is also getting baptised next Sunday.

 

Seeing it was a special card ( and a non standard size) I made the envelope to go with it. I couldn't match the liner as I made the card some time ago but it is the same colour so I think it still goes well. Love that Envelope punch!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment