Friday 29 November 2013

Baby shower and anniversaries

 

I used MDS to make this quick baby shower card. I think I should have printed the matted image and sentiment a second time and attached it with dimensionals to get away from the flattish look I think it has. I did attach a strip of edged contrast with dimensionals which helped a little.

 

 
This card is for my eldest son Matthew and his wife Mel. It's hard to believe they have been married 5 years in December. For this card I chose Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush and Whisper White. I made the card 12.5cm square and used some of the strip left over from the A4 cardstock as the front panel on which I embossed the oval from Designer Frames. I then matted with this with Bermuda Bay card. I thought it needed a strip of Strawberry Slush under it to reinforce the butterflies.
I used the Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embossilit die with Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush and vellum. These were finished off with some pearls.
I did the sentiment on MDS and cut it out with the oval punch and placed it in the designer frame. The design was influenced by Conroy's Corner on Etsy.

And of course I had to do a matching envelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment