Friday 15 July 2016

Watercolour fun

This week I spent my free craft time watercoloring. I have always struggled with this this medium so I was determined to stick at it until I felt a little more confident

I did some research and found a great video from Gina K which covered water colouring plus using the Emboss Resist technique once the watercoloring was dry. Take a look here

This first one uses Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzaz for the watercoloring. It was then dried and the front of the card was rubbed over with the embossing buddy and then clear embossed with the flower from the Garden in Bloom set. The leaves were embossed in Pear Pizzaz with the leaf stamp from Flower Patch. I stamped it first with Versamark and then Pear Pizzaz and then clear embossed it. Make sure you clean the stamp between each set of leaves. Once it was all dry I sponged over the image with Elegant Eggplant. The sentiment is from Happy Happenings and it is finished off by Calypso Coral seam binding.


This one uses Flirty Flamingo cardstock. Similar process in this one but the background was done with Night of Navy and Tempting Turquoise. Sentiment is from Better Together.
Love the pairing of Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant. Same process as above. Sentiment is from Labeler Alphabet.
Then I started just playing around with watercoloring using an acrylic block and re inkers. This one is a combination of Night of Navy, Pool Party and Tempting Turquoise. Simply drop 6 or so drops of ink in lines on the block or in any pattern at all. Then give it 3 spritzes of water. Also spritz a little water on the watercolor paper. Press it down hard until the ink transfers. Once dry I stamped some flowers from the Blomin' Love set in Memento ink. I used a white gel pen to make some little white dots and then matted the card front with black. Sentiment is from Thoughtful Phrases.
Then I progressed to another technique. First I did a watercolor wash in the new Peekaboo Peach making sure it was quite uneven in coverage. Then I added some splashes of very diluted Dapper Denim ink under where I was wanting the flowers and once dry I white embossed over the blue with some flowers from the new Blooms and Wishes set. Then I used stamps from Butterfly Basics and Goegeous Grunge to stamp off randomly in Sahara Sand to give the background more texture and added some Venetian Lace and some string. The card base was Soft Suede.
In this one I wanted it very vibrant so once the reinkers were dripped onto the block I used a soft brush to brush across the block joining together the drops and blending it a little where the colour changed. I used Night of Navy, Turquoise and Emerald Envy re inkers again on the acrylic block. Once dry the image was stamped in Memento Black. Sentiment is from Butterfly Basics and it was stamped on a piece of vellum with Stazon black ink. Card base is thick Whisper White.
 
The card front was a very quick watercolour wash in very light Peekaboo Peach. I then stamped it randomly with a couple of the solid and outline flowers from Blloomin' Love. Great idea for Background pattern. Sentiment is from Floral Phrases. Matted with Peekaboo Peach. Card base is Soft Suede.
This last one was just me fiddling. I used re inkers on an acrylic block again- I think it was Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. I went to town on the background with stamps from Gorgeous Grunge, stamping them once in Soft Suede which has been stamped off. I darkened the edges with Soft Suede once dry. I stamped the tree from Lovely as a Tree. Card base is actually Old Olive although it doesn't look like that in the photo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment