Tuesday 19 July 2016

Fields of lavender


This was a completely random watercolor attempt using an acrylic block, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo and Wisteria Wonder re inkers and of course water. Afterwards I sprinkled salt granules over the paper while still wet and allowed it to dry and this removed specks of ink which gave it a cool speckled look. Once it is dry simply brush off the salt with a tissue or paper towel.

When dry I stamped over the foreground in Wisteria Wonder with the speckle stamp from Gorgeous Grunge. I think if you crease up your eyes it looks like a lavender field at the base of a misty mysterious mountain!

I lightly sponged the edges in Soft Suede ink and mounted it with Dimensionals. I didn't want the sentiment to overwhelm the image so chose this from Teeny Tiny Sentiments.

It was teamed with Elegant Eggplant and Sweet Sugarplum cardstock. Such a pretty colour combination!


Product List

 

No comments:

Post a Comment