Monday 4 July 2016

Baby Bear

I beary much like this beautiful set!

 

 

A simple single layer card. I made a mask by stamping on a piece of paper on which I had previously rolled a 2 way glue pen over and allowed to dry. Once I stamped the first bear and it was dry I masked it and then stamped the second bear to make him appear behind the first one. The sentiment comes from the Floral Phrases set.

 

 

 

I cased this from Paula Dobson. I thought of my old teddy bear which was yellow and decided to make one like it. The first layer of the bear was So Saffron, next Crumb Cake and then Soft Suede. The So Saffron card base was stamped randomly around the edge with the small flower from Bloomin' Love. The Very Vanilla was matted with Soft Suede. Two Soft Suede candy dots completed this card.

 

 

 

I cased the next couple of cards from a card that was shown at the On Stage event. Both bears were stamped and cut out. The combination this time was Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip. I cut off the head of the bear on the left ( sorry bear) so I could reconnect it at angle which made the couple look more connected. On the first card I embossed the Dapper Denim card front with the hearts embossing folder and folded a little lace behind the bear on the right as a veil. I used the bow tie from Playful Pals and the flower was made with the Retired Boho Blossoms punch. Mrs Bear's outfit was completed with a string of pearls.

 
 

 

 

This second card is a larger card I made for a friends's wedding. Everything else was the same except this time I made a small slit in the Whisper White card behind the bear and fed the lace through that which made it less bulky than the previous version.

 
 

 

I cased this from Teneale Williams at http://tenealewilliams.com.au

For the lower portion of this Old Olive card I used the new Diagonal Stripe, stamping in Old Olive one way and then stamping again at 90 degrees. Love the result. Baby bear was stamped with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip. This combination gives a slightly warmer, lighter result than using Early Expresso. I tied a few runs of ordinary string around the middle. A couple of Old Olive candy dots completed the card

 
 
Mint Macaron card base in this one. I haven't used this colour much and I am not sure why as it is so pretty. Baby Bear was stamped in Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Expresso and the result is a bit darker. I randomly stamped the card base in Mint Macaron ink with a small flower from Bloomin' Love.
 

 

This one teamed with the Balloon Builder set. This single layer card base was Very Vanilla and it only took a few minutes to make. The balloons were stamped in Real Red and Mint Macaron. Baby Bear was stamps with Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. I like the rounded corners.

So many ideas. So little time!

Let me know if you would like to partake in Bear madness!

 

Product List

 

No comments:

Post a Comment