Monday 3 March 2014

Scallops Embossing Folder

I wasn't sure I really liked this and there were few examples on the web of how it was being used. But there was one card I did find which I liked so I thought I would give it a try.

 

 
First off I embossed the top section and teamed it with some papers from the Sweet Sorbet DSP. A tag finished off with the Scalloped tag topper completes the card. The card base is Always Artichoke and the card front is Naturals Ivory.

 

 
A variation of the above card. Not really excited by the look of the scallops. I wonder how else I could use it?
 

 

Now this is better I think.

This was how I best liked using this folder. The orientation of the card allows the design to be across the card. I liked it best when the folder was placed just in the middle of the card. After embossing it I used a sponge dauber with White Craft ink over the scallops to highlight them. The strip of DSP is from Sweet Sorbet, my free Sale-a-Bration papers.

 

 

 

Yes I think this design is a winner. It looks so much more balanced and relaxed. Again I embossed the middle section and used a strip of Sweet Sorbet DSP at the bottom. The flower is Crisp Canteloupe and was made with 3 punches- blossom punch! pansy punch and the petite petals punch.

 

 
A variation of the above. Again papers from Sweet Sorbet are used and the scallops were highlighted with white Craft ink
 

 

A very simple but pretty card using the Sweet Sorbet DSP again

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment