Tuesday 25 March 2014

Multi coloured stamping


 

If you wish to add some dimension to your stamping there are several ways you can do this. Today I will look at 2 of these methods- colouring with stamp pads and colouring with markers.

In the above card I used 2 markers for the flowers- Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. First, using the side of the crushed Curry marker I coloured in the fabulous floret solid stamp. Then before Stamping it I highlighted random sections of the stamp with the Pumpkin Pie marker. You need to huff on the stamp to re moisten and then stamp. Clean off the stamp and repeat the process

 

 
 
Fabulous Florets again and this time the markers I used on the top 2 flowers were Pool Party and Coastal Cabana. The front flower I stamped in Pool Party and cut it out and used a dimensional to attach it.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Same process, different result.
 

 

This time I used ink pads. First I inked up the daisy from Secret Garden with the Crushed Curry pad and the using a sponge dauber I highlighted the outer edges of the petals with Pumpkin Pie ink. Make sure you clean the stamp before repeating the process. I stamped one more image on a scrap piece of paper and cut it out with the Secret Garden daisy die. The card base is Always Artichoke and the front panel is Very Vanilla matted with Crushed Curry.

 

These techniques are easy and fun. Have a try!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment