Wednesday 19 March 2014

Inked Embossing with the BigShot

Quite a few of the ladies who come along to workshops have now purchased BigShots and have asked for tips in using it. So I thought I would do a few videos to explain some techniques. The first one is inked embossing with an embossing folder. Such a fun technique!

 

 
In this first card I brayered the inside of the front of the embossing folder. The front has the Stampin' Up logo on it so it's easy to tell the front from the back. The cardstock and the ink are both Pool Party. Running it through the Bigshot seems to darken the ink so there is a nice contrast. The white clay blossom and the ribbon add to the elegant effect.
 

 

Crisp Canteloupe cardstock dry embossed with the Petals A Plenty embossing folder. Then on the back of the embossing on one piece I brayered it with Calypso Coral and on the other I carefully ran the brayer over the tops of the embossed flowers. Two different looks with the one folder.

Have a look at my video for the technique.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment