Wednesday 5 March 2014

Beautiful paper for special cards

A lovely friend, Megan, uses handmade paper to print exquisite designs. These cards have been made from some paper she printed using a template she made from one of Stampin ' Up's background stamps.

 

 

 
 
I used this paper to make Megan and her husband George a card to congratulate them on the birth of their first grandchild, Rockford. Look at the amazing detail in the card front. I matted it with Night of navy and finished if off with 2 flowers made with the new Stampin' Up Spiral Flower die and one little blossom from the Boho Blossom punch.I love the white on white combo. I had played around for ages in designing something to show off the paper but in the end I think the paper needs little to highlight it.
 
 
 
 
Megan had also printed some paper in grey tones as well. I didn't want anything to take the focus away from the paper so all I did was to cut a frame using 2 of the dies from the Squares Collection (leave them layered together to cut), a small sentiment and again a blossom from the Boho Blossom punch.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Now for the black toned design. Isn't it spectacular paper? Again I used a minimum of other elements to the card so as to not detract from the paper' s beauty.

 

I have some more paper left over to use. I had to make myself put it away so I could concentrate on getting ready for my workshop coming up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment