Wednesday 23 October 2013

Warmth and Wonder



The Stampin' Up Holiday catalogue inspired the above card. Don't you just love the Pool Party ink teamed with the Winter Frost DSP? The stamps are from the hostess set Warmth and Wonder. This is such a useful set as it has several different images and sentiments. The ribbon once again is the new silver ribbon.
I thought it needed a little more detail on it so I made intersecting lines at the base of the card with the Simply Scored tool. Here is a close up.




This one was another variation of scoring.



I cased this from Jill's ink at mills ink.typepad.com
I tried doing all sorts of things to the design to make it my own but Jill's colours looked best so I went along with that.


There is so much to this stamp set. I overlooked the Noël oval sentiment at first but when I realised that it looked great coloured with markers! I started to use it for all sorts of things. I printed the patterned paper from Seasons of Style on MDS. The card base is Pear pizzaz and the contrast is Cherry Cobbler.



This time I used another paper from the Seasons of Style paper stack and don't you just love the Frosted Finishes Embellishment? This embellishment is so delicate and fine. The Cherry Cobbler 1 inch Grosgrain ribbon finishes the card off.


The little snowflakes are from another stampi in the set.


The 2 step stamping of the apples in the tree is simple to do. The background is another one printed off MDS. I coloured a clay button with a marker to match the Cherry Cobbler of the ribbon. The Crumb Cake card is a good partner for the red.

This fun polka dot paper is from the Seasons of Style paper stack. The sentiment is from the Christmas Messages set.


The same colour scheme but different card


This one is cased from my favourite cardmaker Mary Fish. The combination of Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Island indigo is striking. The Deer and he sentiment are embossed in silver.


I made the frame by running 2 oval framelit dies through the big shot, one inside the other.


Well I think I have managed to use Warmth and Wonder a fair bit today. To morrow I think I will move onto another set. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment