Sunday 6 October 2013

Faux velvet technique



I saw this technique in the Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine last week and thought it looked fun. At Woy Woy station they have a bargain bin where they sell off the leftover magazines and I always check it out for something interesting. Most of the magazine doesn't appeal to me but it always has something that stimulates the imagination.

This technique is simple but effective and I made a video to demonstrate it. It's my first video ever so it's not too crash hot but it was a fun challenge to learn how to do it and to become re-acquainted with my video camera.


The card at the top was the finished product. It is very simple and uncluttered. I used Stampin Up White Whisper card and Stampin' Up white craft ink for the background stamp and the new Strawberry Slush for the flowers and Old Olive for the stems.I scored three lines at the base to give it some added interest.


This is a close up of the detail in the flowers and stems. 



Hope you try this and have some fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment