Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mosaic madness

 

The Mosaic punch and the Modern Mosaic embossing folder are very useful in Christmas card making. I was just playing around with some leftover DSP and a few stamped and punched designs from the Mosaic Madness stamp set when just out of curiosity I arranged them on this piece of cardstock. I thought the result was a bright, fun card. I am not a big glitter fan but I thought I would try some of the silver Glimmer paper Stampin' Up gave me for free last year. I liked how it looked- very Christmassy!

 
 
In this card I embossed the lower portion of the card ( both this card and the one above were cut at 10.5cm wide) with the Modern Mosaic embossing folder. This folder has such a clean look to it- very defined pattern. Again I just used various DSP leftovers and stamped the smaller image straight onto the card. A few pearls completed the mosaics.
I tied some Cherry Cobbler seam binding around the card to finish it off. I actually managed to tie a real bow!
 
 
I love the elegance of these longer cards. Just to repeat from a previous post how to cut this see below. I hadn't lined up the folder in the Big Shot properly and the design didn't come up well at the bottom so I covered it with a strip of DSP and then applied the thin layer of cardstock to make it look like it was meant to be there! The sentiment was from the MDS program once again.

 

Hope you are having as much fun getting those Chrissie cards done as I am!

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment