Thursday 17 October 2013

Eight weeks to Christmas


As happens every year it's hard to believe Christmas is rapidly approaching. Christmas card ideas are mushrooming and I am thoroughly enjoying the new products I bought from the Stampin' up Holiday catalogue.

I think I will have to find some new friends as I already have more cards made than I need and I still have so many ideas not used!

I don't usually use a lot of Designer paper in my cards but I just loved the Seasons of Style and the Winter Frost collections. I bought the 2 Designer paper stacks not realising that each only had 4 of the designs present in the 12 x 12 packs. I overcame my disappointment in this by downloading both the Season of Style DSP and the Winter Frost DSP and printing small portions of the papers I wanted that were not included in the stacks. Problem solved!


Once I started with the Winter Frost papers I just couldn't stop making cards. I love the different shades of blue teamed together with the new Smokey Slate. Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Pool Party look soooo good together.


This one I cased from Angela McKay. It was so easy to do with the Hexagon punch and the Winter Frost paper stack. Loved the contrast between the Whisper White and the Island Indigo. I printed the sentiment on the card front from the Wishing You stamp on MDS.


Actually I also printed out a whole page of sentiments on MDS from the Christmas Messages set that I downloaded. Certainly a lot more economical than buying the stamp set. I then used my new Stampin' Up oval Framelits to cut them out. Don't you just love the new Smokey Slate?
I wasn't too excited by the Stylish Stripes embossing folder until I saw on the net how people were using it. It makes such a lovely deep impression- very clean. The designer paper is from the Winter Frost paper stack.

Once again I can't get enough of the new Simply Pressed Clay blossoms. They make such an easy, elegant addition to any card.

Well that's enough fun for one day! I have been trying to keep my mind off the fires that surround 2 of my 3 children at the moment. The 3rd one is not living near the current fires but he is a fireman so he is busy trying to contain the fire!
If anyone "needs" anything you can order through my online store at the top right of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment