Thursday 31 July 2014

Lovely Lace

I always look forward to the new embossing folders coming out. The new catalogue didn't disappoint with this Lovely Lace folder. This first attempt involved inking up the inside of the front of the folder ( the front is the side with the SU logo) and then running it through the Bigshot. I used Whisper White cardstock and Crisp Canteloupe ink and I like the soft variegated look. I matted it in Crisp Canteloupe. The stamp is the new Celebrate Baby stamp and the twine is Craip Canteloupe thick Bakers twine.



I am not sure how I got this different effect. Maybe I inked up the other side of the folder? The card base is Crumb Cake. Embossed


In this one I embossed it first and then carefully brayered over the design in White craft ink. Looks good on the Crumb Cake. THe ribbon is e new Very Vanilla sating ribbon. It's so soft.


Rose red was embossed this time and the folder was inked up with Rose Red ink. Doing tone on tone gives you a more even coverage than when you you apply a colour to the white cardstock. You still get a great contrast between the inked parts of the Rose red and the plain.


Wouldn't this make a lovely wedding card? I did this in Very Vanilla and I think it is very elegant. This embossing folder makes a very deep, clear impression. The sentiment is from an old set which I really like and still use. I used the Window Framelits for the sentiment. I used the Vanilla satin ribbon again. I only embossed the top section of the front as I wanted the contrast of smooth card down the bottom.


A similar technique and style

Don't you just lovE the Lost Lagoon ribbon. It is so classy. This card was done by Mary Fish. Love her work!
Yes I think this stamp set will become another favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment