Tuesday 29 July 2014

Something for Baby


Oh my goodness I nearly didn't buy this set as I struggle sometimes working out how to use smallish stamps. But having the matching dies available makes all the difference as it makes it easy to layer the images and create all sorts of different looks.

 


I cased this one from http://www.bijmargriet.com

Have a look at her site as she has lots of other ideas as well. Love this card's simplicity. I don't do a lot of paper piercing but I think it looks hood here to give some definition to the focal image.


 

Crisp Canteloupe is a great colour for baby cards. The strips down either side come from the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch. The pattern under the sentiment so from the Delicate Designs embossing folder.

 

 

This was another case. I changed it a little but basically copied it from Dawn Olchefske 's idea. Her website is http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/baby/

Again I love the simplicity of the image. The brown trolley top is cut with the Word Window punch. The wheels are just black buttons and the cord is the new Baked Brown Sugar thick Bakers Twine.

 

 

Night of Navy and the new Lost Lagoon look great together. The ducks are stamped with Hello Honey. The ducks look good with their beaks coloured and black eyes.


 

Bermuda Bay looks great teamed with the new Hello Honey. The cheeky little duck was stamped in Hello Honey and diecut. The pram is stamped in the new Blackberry Bliss and die cut and then the duck was popped underneath it. The card matt is embossed with the Delicate Designs embossing folder.

 

 

Hello Honey is the colour of this card. The matt is white cardstock embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and then brayered with Hello Honey ink on the reverse de bossed side. The ducks are stamped in Hello Honey as well. Each time I stamped a duck in the foreground I stamped another one behind it to give it the impression of it being behind. Little black eyes were applied with a marker. I thought the card needed a bit more white so I added the white strip at the bottom and completed it with 2 strips of black in varying widths.

 

 

Blushing Bride is the colour of the card. The matt is embossed with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. I used the Blushing Bride and Smokey Slate markers to ink up the pram stamp before stamping the image. I think I may have coloured the top of the pram again with the marker after stamping to add more colour.

 

 
I love this card's simplicity. The card base in Natural White. The Matt is Bermuda Bay and I diecut the onesie from a piece of white card that I had embossed with the Perfect Polka dots folder and then brayered in Hello Honey on the reverse. Cheaper than DSP!
 

 

I used the Honeycomb folder for this one. Same technique of Brayering the reverse of the embossed image. Bermuda Bay again gives a great contrast against the Hello Honey. Love this new colour.

 

 

Retro fresh Washi tape in this one. Bermuda Bay was brayered over the reverse of the card embossed with Decorative dots folder in this.

 


Watercolour wonder washi tape alternated with strips of the new Blackberry Bliss form the card front. The onesie was stamped and diecut and then the dots were applied with the gold gel pen.


 

The background was printed off a new Digital download. I think it was the Little Moments project life cards set. The colour is the new Tangelo Twist. It is teamed with Baked Brown Sugar card embossed with the decorative dots.

 

Now it is Coastal Cabana's turn to be embossed with the Fancy Fan folder and brayered on the reverse side with the corresponding ink.

 

 

This time the Decorative Dots embossing folder was inked up with Strawberry Slush before running it through the Bigshot rather than adding the ink after it was embossed.

 

Rich Razzleberry teamed with Crumb Cake looks good. I used a craft knife to trim the triangle between the wheels. The frame was made with 2 dies from the Squares Collection.

 

 

Hello Honey, Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon and lots of ducks stamped in a row!
 

 

All the new In colours were used in this card. I inked up the stamp with the different colours and then huffed on the stamp to moisten before stamping. The Hello Honey frame was made from 2 dies from the Sqaures collection. This frame is narrower because I used one die that was only 1 size bigger than the other.

 

 

Soft Suede and Hello Honey also look good together. Simple and fast cards with this stamp set and dies.

I could keep making cards from this set for ages but I need to move on! Happy crafting. Hope you can make it to my workshop coming up soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment