Sunday 6 July 2014

Daydream Medallions and Floral Framelits

I fell in love with this stamp set. It offers so many different opportunities to create different designs. You can use it singly or in different combinations. Some of these cards were cased off the net. There are lots of different examples on the net of how this can be used to achieve different looks

I used Naturals White cardstock here, stamping the larger design on the card front and then cutting it out using the matching floral framelit dies. (These dies are excellent also to cut a mat for sentiments) Then I stamped the smaller design on a separate piece of cardstock and cut it using the smaller die. The next layer was diecut without stamping as was the final brown shape. A button completed this classic card.
 
 
Design is from Simple Stems. Not real keen on this one.
 
 
I stamped the design on another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock making sure the trimmed piece allowed the design to show under the opening on the front. I attached the design under the back of the front of the card using dimensionals to give it some height. The top piece I cut out using the next smaller die and coloured around the edge with Crumb Cake marker.
 
 
Just love this card. Wouldn't it make a great wedding card? I embossed a Very vanilla card front in white with the Hello Doily background stamp and then sponged it with Crumb Cake lightly. Each of the layers were also embossed in white. I finished it off with Vanilla Seam binding and a pearl.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am sure I cased this from somewhere but just find it to give the credit. Sorry! Using the Framelits die to create the card base makes a nice change to the usual card shape. It stands up very well too!
 

 

 

 
My beautiful grand daughter framed by this great ornament. I thought I might start a family tradition and each Christmas each grandchild will have a current photo hanging on our Christmas tree. Let's see if it happens!

Inspired by http://www.pinterest.com/source/anewinkonlife.com/

Could keep creating for hours to come with this set if I didn't need to actually do some other things with my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment