Thursday 15 August 2013

Stampin' Up watercolouring


I just love watercolouring! It has a very different feel to ordinary designs. I struggle however to get the technique right however and it is still a bit of a 'hit and miss' result sometimes. You can watercolour using Stampin' Up inks and markers using a variety of techniques.

Today I will use just one of these techniques and it uses watercolour paper, a Stampin' Up mister of water and ink and stamps. I used the Fabulous Florets set. Very basic and easy to do.

With this technique you can either mist the watercolour paper with water, mist the inked up stamp with the water or you can do both. It all depends on how much bleeding of colours you want.

I experimented with these different options to compare the results.

The following was the result from misting the stamp and the paper. I think it is too fuzzy. I didn't photograph the result of just misting the paper because it turned out very similar to this one as well.



This second one is just misting the stamp slightly. Its a bit hard to see but the watercolour effect is there but only slightly. I like this better because it looks like I meant to do it! The first one looks more like I had a bit of an accident!


I haven't taken much notice of Stampin' Up Calypso Coral. But wow I really like it. It looks great teamed with Always Artichoke and I think using Crumb Cake card sets it off nicely.

These are the cards I made from my experiments results.




                           

If you would like any of these products you can purchase them through Stampin' Up. Just email me on kcrocker56@optusnet.com.au

Happy crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment