Thursday 1 August 2013

Narrow front panel card design


Today I have another simple card design suitable for the beginner. This one works best I think on a narrow card front. To do this all you do is cut the A4 card into 2 in the opposite direction to the usual arrangement.

This is the usual way an A4 sheet is cut to produce 2 cards


But try this other way for a change. It produces a slightly longer, narrower card which is very elegant. You still get the 2 cards from one piece of A4 card. 

The panel can be any width desired and again can dressed up or down. It can be plain card or Designer paper or an embossed scrap. 

Template for Narrow Front Panel card


Examples 



The cards were such fun to make as I was experimenting with my new My Design Studio ( MDS) software and my new Epsom Artisan 1430 printer. My old faithful HP printer was finally declared dead and unfixable and after a time of mourning I decided on the Epsom. So far it is amazing. Great photo quality and so true to Stampin' Up colours. 
I printed a piece of whisper white with the background and then on another sheet did the front panel. I did this separately so I could attach the panel with dimensionals and add a real ribbon to make a hybrid card. So easy and great fun!!
I am having an absolute ball with MDS actually. I have tried digital scrapbooking in the past with a 3 different scrapbooking programs plus Adobe Photoshop Elements and each time gave it away as too difficult. I guess it makes it easier as I am so familiar with our Stampin Up colours, stamps,  punches and embellishments. 

If you would like any of these products you can purchase them through Stampin' Up. Just email me on kcrocker56@optusnet.com.au

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment