Wednesday 17 February 2016

World Traveller Embossing folder

Now for something a bit different... A folder which really lends itself to male cards.

First I used Whisper White card, inking up the folder before running it through the BigShot.

The folder above was Inked in Bermuda Bay using a brayer and mounted onto Island Indigo. If you don't want too many smudges on Asia and Africa make sure you carefully dab these continents on the folder with a tissue before running though the BigShot!
Next I used Sahara Sand for the card and inked the folder with Soft Suede. I stamped and cut out the plane from Sky's the Limit. The sentiment is also from this set. Love these freebies!
I trimmed the map this time so I could fit it onto the Island Indigo cardstock. I added a compass stamped in black from the Open Sea set. I embossed the sentiment from Sky's the Limit in white and added with Dimensionals.
I love the tone on tone effect of inking the embossing folder with the same colour as the cardstock being used. The above one is inked in Pool Party that was mounted onto Island Indigo card. The oval was stamped with Smokey Slate after stamping off once. The one below is Soft Suede matted with Early Expresso and mounted onto Sahara Sand. The sentiment is another one from Sky's the Limit.
Then I got to thinking about what it would look like if I dry embossed it and then carefully ran over the raised areas with a brayer that only had minimal ink. Voila! Another look. Crumb Cake card and Ink were used and the panel matted with Soft Suede and mounted onto Crumb Cake.
The one above was Soft Sky card dry embossed and the raised parts brayered gently with Pear Pizzaz.

This one is Sahara Sand, dry embossed and brayered with Pool Party.

In this last one I was too lazy to clean off the remains of Pool Party ink from the embossing folder so ran through a piece of Crumb Cake over which I had stamped lightly in the dots from Gorgeous Grunge and sponged with a little Soft Suede to make it look a bit distressed.

Love this look. Love this embossing folder.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment