Monday 22 February 2016

Rose Wonder

This would have to be my most favourite bundle for the last 12 months! It has everything- great floral and sentiment stamps, wonderful dies and never ending opportunities for creativity. It can be used as just stamps, just dies, or together, as a stencil, as an outline, watercoloured, and as a cut away.

This first one was cased from the Stampin' Up Occasions catalogue. They used a watercolour wash but I used sponges and Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive. I cut out the flower / leaf diecut with the BigShot and my new best tool, the New die brush. Makes it so easy to use intricate dies. Then I placed the die cut where I wanted it to be and decided where to apply the different colours. I wanted it fairly free form. Once sponged I adhered the fine die cut down using the new Fine Tip adhesive. ( another very useful bit of kit!)! Then I cut around the bottom section of the card. It's hard to see from the photo but the white you see is actually the inside of the card. What a wonderful sentiment from the set.

The Rose was sponged on White Whisper with a combination of Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight and Rose Red. It didn't need to be sponged carefully as I was planning to cut around it afterwards. The leaves were sponged with Pear Pizzaz. The diecut was adhered to the design as above and then the whole thing was cut out with small scissors. I am not usually that keen on cutting out but this was dead easy as you use the raised diecut to guide the scissors. Card base is Elegant Eggplant and the sentiment from the same set is embossed in white.
This was cased from Jackie Bolhuis and she has a great series of You Tube videos about several different ways to use this stamp and die bundle. Here is the link to one of them.
The one above used Sahara Sand for card front and Whisper White for the card base and outlines. I cut 2 of the flower and leaf diecuts and I roughly sponged onto the Sahara Sand using Watermelon Wonder and Old Olive. The sentiment is another great one from this set and I used the new Tags and Labels dies which is great for these larger sentiments.
I started playing around with different colour combinations. The one above us Rose Red and Calypso Coral. For this I had the idea of using the negative space left from the diecut and using this as a template to sponge the Rose and then the leaves. It works out great if you want a more exact placement of the colours. The following one was embossed on Glossy Cardstock in White and then watercoloured in different shades of Rose Red with an aqua painter.
I did the same thing with the smaller Rose- I sponged the colour on three times using the negative part of the die cut and then cut 3 of the Rose outlines.
How elegant is this Very Vanilla diecut on Very Vanilla card. The ribbon is Very Vanilla satin.
This one above was the by product of me using a Whisper White diecut as a stencil to colour onto another card. When I saw the result I thought it was too pretty to throw out.
Pool Party and Pear Pizzaz. Love this lace from the annual catalogue.
Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzaz. Another great sentiment and the surrounding frame from the same set, cut with the die from the bundle. Many of the multiple sentiments in the set fit inside this frame. They all stamp beautifully too.
Cased from Beverly Gerard at Beverlygerard.blogspot.com.au
Cased from Stampin' with Kristi. Check out the lovely new Pool Party ribbon. So sparkley.
In this one above I used the negative part of the diecut as the front of the card. I attached a piece of Pink Pirouette and Mint Macaroon behind the Rose and the leaves and then adhered the white outline over it. Then I mounted the card front to the card.
This one above was cased from Jackie Bolhuis. And I used the stamp that is one of my favourite verses. The range of sentiment stamps in this set is amazing.
Finally just a simple outline in Silver mounted on Elegant Eggplant.
Love, love, love this set. If you only get one set this year you can't go past this one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment