Sunday 12 January 2014

Wetlands

Trying to get over the Christmas period and regain my mojo! Decided to take the Stampin' Up set Wetlands out for a spin to see what I could use it for.

 

This first one used a leftover background piece I made when I was playing around with the acrylic block technique from a previous post. The technique involved using Stampin' Up markers on the block and spritzing this with water a few times to give a watercolour effect
I stamped the birds in Black Stazon ink. I mounted it on white card and then onto Sahara Sand.
 
 
This one was done by masking off each area and using sponges to grade the colours. I think I used Sky Blue, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede
 

 

This was so simple. I stamped two images, re-inking each time. The second time I stamped off to give the impression of the duck being further way.
 

 

I used an Old Olive marker to ink up the reeds and Elegant Eggplant for the tops. The pattern at the side is the Delicate Designs embossing folder.

 

 
This one is a single layer card. Early Expresso ink was used for the duck. I then stamped the Olive Green reeds. I was able to make it look like the reeds were behind the duck by cutting around the duck image on a scrap piece of paper and then laying this over the image before stamping the reeds over the duck.
 

 

I cased the idea for this card from crafting large.blogspot.de. I just love the simplicity of this card especially the Whisper White cardstock on the Naturals White card base.

 
Some old Designer paper makes a nice background for this card. The card base is Early Expresso. I rounded the corners which gives it a different look
 

 

I embossed the reeds onto Pear Pizzaz and then mounted this onto Whisper White card. The card base is Crumb Cake.

 

The Early Expresso mat is embossed with the Moasiac folder. The card base again is Crumb Cake.


 

I was inspired by Lisa Young's design on http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com.au/search?q=Wetlands

I didn't have the designer paper she used so instead I masked 3 sections of a piece of white card and brayered Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Early Expresso. Stazon ink was used to stamp the design Then I used a Stampin' Up circle die with the Bigshot to cut the circle. It was mounted with dimensionals on Naturals White which in turn was mounted on a card base of the same colour.

I think this is a great, versatile stamp set which is useful for masculine cards in particular.

Happy stamping!

 

3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. It is such a great set to use over brayering and sponging and the sentiments are a nice font and size. Thanks for taking the time to comment

      Delete