Saturday 18 January 2014

In love with Venetian Romance designer Paper

I am not a big fan of using Designer papers usually. I am never quite sure what to do with it and often end up taking it off and using plain card. but this Venetian Romance kept beckoning however and I am so glad I listened. The colours are very soft and have variations in intensity.


This is a birthday card for a special someone. The DSP made it a quick card. I used up a scrap of lace with a strip of the base card colour which is Natural White. The sentiment is from Sassy Saluations and is stamped and then cut with the Window frame collection of dies. The Matt is Pistachio Pudding.


Delicate Designs embossing folder features on this simple card. I used the the Labels Collection of dies in this card. I really like the sentiment matted with the same colour card. I sponged both with a little Soft Suede.



Love these papers. So elegant. The Needlepoint Border embossing folder was used in Naturals Ivory card under the contrast strip of DSP.


I never used this old Stampin Up set of sentiments much as I found it almost impossible to get the images to stamp properly using the old ink pads. I dug them out and wow what a difference with the new pads. Stamped perfectly every time. I will certainly be using these again as the sentiments are really appropriate.


I did this just to use up some odd strips of the DSP as I didn't want to waste it. I think the split matt very much adds to the impact of the card and I ended up using this technique on several other cards.



A birthday card for a another certain special person. I pulled out my Cricut to cut the images. I realised that I haven't used this machine at all last year as I have been spending all my craft time stamping. I had trouble even remembering how to use it. Thankfully it came back to me!


Another Cricut creation. Stampin Up materials of course!! A birthday card for a very special little girl.


Venetian Romance paper. Cricut again for the lovely tree.


Cricut meets Stampin Up again. This one uses Naturals White card matted onto Pistachio Pudding. The lower matt is embossed with the Beautully Baroque embossing folder.


I had a few strips of DSP left over so just stuck them on the lower part of this card. The Crisp Cantaloupe stretch ruffled ribbon finishes it off nicely.


Isn't this DSP just lovely? It is so subtle with the variations of colour depth.


Found this stamp while looking through my stash. Haven't used it much so thought I should make a card with it suitable for a male.


Well I guess I need to move onto something else now so will put Venetian Romance to bed! Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment