Thursday 23 January 2014

Mini albums

One of the things I love doing is making mini albums. Actually it is a love -hate relationship ...I love the result but I always seem to pick a time to do one where there is time deficit so it ends up being a stressful rather than enjoyable experience.
 
 

I thought I would share this one which I did for a baby shower gift. I used the brown paper that Stampin' Up uses to pack the orders to make the book itself. I hate throwing it out. Teneale Williams showed some different ways of using this brown paper at a Stampin' Up event a few years ago and a mini album was one of them

All you do is to break off the number of double sheets you want. Every 2 sheets has a perforation so it's easy to break them into 2 sheet sections. Smooth them out slightly. I like the wrinkles but if this worried you you can iron the paper. Each page has an open side that can be used as a pocket. You can use these to put things in such as pull out tags for more photos or can be used for journaling. If you don't want to use these as pockets then you can simply close them off with Snail adhesive.

 

Line up the sheets so they are even. I used 6 double sheets for this mini album. Make sure the sheets are all facing the same way. Then fold over the spine side of the book and In this one I fastened it with 2 clips.

 
 
The first pages were to record the photos so far- the parents the day they told the family, the ultrasound and a page to record the Baby shower.
 
 
Each double page contains a blank page to attach photos later and a tag for journaling that can be pulled from the pocket. I used Stampin' Up designer paper and card, some punches and my Cricut for each page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
We didn't know the sex of the baby so I used fairly neutral colours
 
 
 

 

I made this card for a friend who had given birth prematurely. Friends gave her a baby shower after the baby was born and I thought this card might be an encouragement that she would soon have her baby home.

 

The mini album is a great way to pre make a scrapbook as a gift so that it is quick for them to just pop the photos in later and record the event.

 

So why not give the mini album a go? If you want a quicker option there is a mini album kit that looks great in the new Occasions catalogue coming out in a few days.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment