Sunday 26 June 2016

Floral Affection

I received this set when I was Onstage and I wasn't that excited. But I have enjoyed playing with it and have found it to be a nicely balanced set. It is great for watercoloring, outline stamping and building up of images for a background. This first one uses Watermelon Wonder cardstock with a black underlayer. The panel is watercolour paper. I stamped the images in Archival black ink and watercoloured the flowers with diluted Watermelon Wonder and Emerald Envy. The flower centres are Daffodil Delight.

The one below is an Early Expresso card base and Crumb Cake card front. I stamped the images in Early Expresso but it looked a bit flat so I used a white gel pen inside the flower images and was very pleased with the difference it made. I added a Crumb Cake strip on which I stamped the dotted border from the Mixed Borders stamps and a Very Vanilla strip. The sentiment is also from Mixed Borders, another free set I got from Onstage.
I stamped the images in black Archival ink and then used an aqua painter to colour the images with four of the new in colours. The new Emerald Envy Ruched ribbon finished off the card. Sentiment is from Floral Phrases. I used a Wink of Stella to give it some glimmer. It was hard to capture in the photo.
 
Love the new 2 piece small embossing folders which partner with this stamp set. It is called Floral Affection. I embossed the image and then gently sponged it with Pink Pirouette. The card base was Dapper Denim and the card front was Sweet Sugar Plum. The sentiment is from the Love and Affection set. The ribbon was leftover Sahara Sand I had previously soaked in Cherry Cobbler ink. It matched almost perfectly.
A few random cards I have made using the new colours.

I will be putting in an order at the beginning of July so let me know if anyone would like something from my online store. Happy crafting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment