Saturday 22 February 2014

Secret Garden


 

 

I thought the dies that go with this stamp set would be a bit fiddly but they are a pleasure to use, either with the stamped image or just by themselves. I should use the paper doilies more. They do make a card look rather elegant.

The strip behind the design is embossed with Swiss Dots and brayered on the reverse side with Strawberry Slush.

 

 

 

 

 

I used vellum in this design. The flower in the middle was coloured with a Crisp Canteloupe marker on the marker to give it a stained glass look. The leaves are cut with the die.

 

 

 

 
 
 
Lovely clear images in this set. I especially love the daisy. Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry and Wasabi Wonder are a nice combination.
 

 

 

 
 
In the above card I stamped the Crumb Cake card front with Soft Suede after it had been stamped off once on a piece of scrap. The flowers and leaves that I intended to colour were then stamped with white Craft ink. After cleaning the stamps and when the design was dry I then stamped over each flower in the colours I had chosen. I think it was Crushed Curry, Early Expresso and Pumpkin Pie. Once I was sure this was all dry again I rubbed the embossing buddy over it all and then embossed the white daisies over the top. A piece of Stampin Up vintage lace and the sentiment and it is finished.
 
 
 
 
 
Real Red daisies are quite dramatic against the Very Vanilla.
 
 
 
 
I love single layered Crumb Cake cards. I was going to use the white Craft ink again first but thought I would see if it would turn out OK by stamping directly onto the Crumb Cake. It worked wonderfully as you can see with the leaves and the red flower. I then embossed the other 3 flowers in white and coloured them with an Aqua painter and Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Calypso coral inks
 
 

 

 
Same technique but this time I used Razzleberry, Crushed Curry and Marina Mist for the flowers.
 

 

Wasn't going to buy this single stamp but it was quite cheap and I saw what others had done with it.

 

 

 
 
 
I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze inks. One of the yellow leaves I used a dauber to sponge a little of the darker colours around the edges to depict the leaf 'turning'.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I really need to use Sahara Sand more. It always gets bumped for other colours but I love the way it gives the card an understated look. I teamed it with Early Expresson for a really simple, elegant card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment