Wednesday 31 July 2013

Card Design Template 1

I often get overwhelmed when creating a card as there are so many ideas running around in my head about possible card structures. Or sometimes the opposite happens and I sit there with a empty table in front of me and it is difficult to decide on the basic design

So I thought that I would collect all in one place, card sketches with examples and then next time I face this dilemma I can just look up my blog and decide on one.

The first one I have done today is a style that suits many different types of card including birthday, Get well, baby cards and even sympathy cards. I did one for my father's 95th birthday and put an old photo under the opening in the matt. ( It was a bigger card with a larger oval).

Sketch 


Die cut or punch an oval or circle into a panel of card. A contrast piece of card is stamped
( if a stamp is to be used) on and positioned under the opening. Attach the panel using dimensionals. Ribbon is doubled in half and is looped through the opening at the bottom of the opening, coming at the back of the front side of the card and over the top. The bottom ribbon is then passed under the hole in the panel and the top one over the top of the panel. The two ends are then tied in a bow

Examples 
The elements have been arranged differently in each example but the general concept is still there.





 This is a card for a new baby granddaughter of some very good friends of ours. I used the photo off  Facebook to make this a personalised card. The same technique was used.



There is so much scope for this design and it would lend itself to all sorts of cards. 

If you would like any of these products you can purchase them through Stampin' Up. Just email me on kcrocker56@optusnet.com.au

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kerry,
    I've been reading through your blog (all posts!) and it's awesome! I've been meaning to say a huge thank you for my Phoebe welcoming card:) its beautiful!! it's been the best being an auntie!
    All of your cards are absolutely beautiful! Loads of love pip xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pip thanks for your enthusiasm about my cards. Yes will be the best Auntie ever so u just enjoy. If u need a substitute mum while your mum is away ring me! XXX

    ReplyDelete