Tuesday 1 April 2014

Emboss Resist technique

 

This is one of my favourite techniques. You could emboss 10 cards with the same stamp and inks but each one usually looks a little different.

The above design is embossed with Flowering Flourishes and brayered with Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant.

 
 
This one was cased from Alison Barclay. Ihttp://gothdovedesigns.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/stampin-up-australia-color-coach-card-9.html. I used Pool Party and Island Indigo applied with a brayer.

 
This was simply brayered with Pool Party once embossed in white.
 
 
In this one I first embossed the large flowers and then masked each one and stamped in the other smaller flowers. I then sponged the embossed image with Crushed Curry and highlighted it randomly with Tangerine Tango.
 
 
Don't you just love this Delicate Doilies stamp. The detail in it is quite amazing. Once embossed I sponged over and around the image with Wisteria Wonder and used a little Elegant Eggplant in the middle.
 
 
I was inspired by a card from http://debscraftshed.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/secret-garden.html and pretty much just changed the orientation of the card. I stamped the leaves first, used the embossing buddy once these were dry and then embossed the daisies. I then masked off the area I wanted to remain white and sponged each colour with the matching ink. Easy Peasy.

So... Emboss Resist technique is simple.

 

Summarising the technique.

1. Rub over the area to be embossed with an embossing buddy.

2. Stamp with Versamark ink and heat emboss your image. Allow image to cool.

3. Apply ink directly to the cardstock (over and around the embossed image) using a sponge or brayer.

4. Wipe the embossed image with a tissue to remove the excess ink.

 

I did a short video to demonstrate this technique

 

Happy stamping. Hope you are having fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment